Aroy-D is one of the best known brands in Asian cooking ingredients. With the products of Aroy-D you prepare the tastiest Asian dishes in your own kitchen.
Aroy-D Coconut Milk
The most popular product within this brand is the coconut milk from Aroy-D. Unlike other types of coconut milk, Aroy-D coconut milk does not contain any additives. Aroy coconut milk is a pure product of only water and coconut flesh.
By Asian cuisine we mean the cuisines of the Far East. Many complementary flavors are used in dishes. This is also the case in our Thai green curry recipe for 4 persons. The spicy of the curry in combination with the sweetness of pineapple; delicious. Come on, let's get started!
What do you need?
- 300 grams of jasmine rice (Aroy-D rice)
- 2-3 tablespoons of green curry paste
- 400ml creamy coconut milk (Aroy-D coconut milk)
- 600 grams of chicken fillet
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3cm fresh ginger
- 1 can of pineapple slices in juice
- 1 bunch of coriander or basil
- 100 grams of raw cashews
- bag of grated coconut
- pepper and salt
- neutral olive oil
To make preparation as easy as possible, it is useful to prepare all ingredients in advance.
- Cut the chicken fillet into equal cubes.
- Chop the red onion.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves.
- Cut the pineapple into pieces and set aside. Save the juice.
- Peel, chop or grate the ginger and set aside.
- Roast the cashews in a dry frying pan over high heat. Stay tuned because this is going fast! Then set aside.
- Also roast the grated coconut until it starts to color lightly and set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp neutral olive oil in the wok and fry the chicken cubes on a high heat until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the chicken into a bowl and set aside. Adding the chicken later will keep it nice and tender.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in the same wok over medium heat. First fry the onion lightly and then add the garlic and ginger. Garlic burns quickly and gets bitter, so make sure the heat is not too high. Then add the green curry paste and stir-fry it briefly until the aroma is released. Not every curry paste is equally spicy, start with 2 tablespoons. Now it is time to pour in the coconut milk. Stir well and let it simmer over low heat.
In the meantime, cook the jasmine rice according to the instructions on the package.
Stir the curry sauce for a while and add the chicken and pineapple chunks. Do you think the curry is too spicy? Then you can add a little pineapple juice. Not spicy enough? Then stir a little bit of curry paste into your sauce.
Spoon the rice and curry onto a plate and sprinkle some roasted cashew nuts and coconut over the dish. Garnish your dish with coriander or basil.
TIP: Serve with naan bread!
Enjoy your meal!